5 Things to Remember this Christmas


1. Those pictures you see on social media don't tell the entire truth.

No matter what time of year it is, you're always bombarded with pictures of everyone's perfect life and I'm here to tell you half of it is a load of old phoney! No one captures the moment they had a meltdown in the supermarket or a solo cry in the car or the huge family row or the fact that even surrounded by people; they still felt really alone. Stop comparing your own life to someone else's. Every single one of us is battling our own demons, so just remember that when you think your work mate or best friend is untouched by shittiness. 

2. Who gives a shit if you put on a few pounds/half a stone/skip a day or 5 of your shitty diet.

Guys, guys...life is too short. Eat, Drink and be Merry. If you're lucky enough to be able to indulge, go for it! My favourite meal of the entire year is my Christmas dinner and I just love looking over and watching my Mum cry without fail as she looks around the table at us/the food. Gravy. Pigs in Blankets. Baileys. Oh man, it's just amazing, isn't it?! 

3. Take time out for yourself.

There can be a big pressure to constantly be "on" and fully engaged with everyone during the festive period. Does anyone else struggle with this? I think the reason I struggle with being in people's company 24/7 is that I have spent so many years being single that I really, really like my own space. Now don't get me wrong, you guys know I'm a bit of a social butterfly but there's actually nothing I like more than being curled up on my sofa, enjoying some "me" time! Make sure you take time out whenever you can be it an extra long bath or a walk to Tesco's to get more booze. 

4. If you're single, remember...that's ok and it doesn't make you any less of a person.

I get it. I'm single and have been for mannnny of my 31 years on this planet. I can get a little sad when I look around and see couples getting Christmassy BUT it's important to remember that just because you don't have a significant other; there are still probably a lot of people that think about you and love you. Every year I watch my friends head off to Winter Wonderland with their partners and this year I thought "Fuck it" I'm going with my best mate and you know what; I had THE BEST night ever! Do things YOU want to do, in your own time and enjoy the fact you don't have to visit any problematic in-laws. 

5. If you feel alone, there's always someone out there to talk to.

No matter who you are, how popular you seem to others, how many family members you have; peel away that front you put on and you might feel quite lonely. If this is the case, please remember that there are tonnes of people in your position and there are plenty of people/organisations you can reach out to. Some people aren't fortunate to have family members or loved ones and it actually breaks my heart to think of those people. If you're one of those people and you're reading this - please know that I am thinking of you and you matter. 

At the end of this blog post, there is an amazing infographic put together by Kellie Brown and Lottie L'Amour - they have compiled a huge list of charities & organisations that can help you.










Photographs by JKGPhotography
Shop my look 

1. Dress - (sadly out of stock from ASOS, but similar here | 2. Velvet Bag | 3. Wide Fit Heels | 4. Earrings


                                                           Infographic put together by Kellie Brown and Lottie L'Amour

Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr

إرسال تعليق

0 تعليقات